Monday 26 December 2011

This Christmas

   I have definitely felt and seen love this Christmas. So thankful for the family I have and the love they have for each other.
One demonstration of love this year came in the form a gift I felt so undeserving for.
   My family decided this year to, rather than give gifts to each other, pool the money together to help pay for eye for myself in the coming year. This in itself I was so thankful for, and my family would not let me say no to letting them do this.
   I never asked for it, yet it was offered nonetheless.
What I received was so much more that what I expected and I cannot express enough thanks to my family and the others who have supported me.
    There was one particular aspect of the gift that really hit me though.
It was an envelope from a few of my nephews, when they heard I was looking to get surgery for my eyes they also went into their savings and took money to give to me.
I was thankful for this before knowing how much they gave, and when I later opened the envelope to find over a hundred dollars I was floored, knowing how much money that is at the age my nephews are at.





   This gift, which I did not feel I deserved, reminded me how Jesus gave even so much more to undeserving people as us. His throne in heaven to come to earth, His life here on earth, His nearness to God in those moments on the cross where He took on our sin. A perfect gift for me, and for us all if we take yet.
Yet I wonder sometimes why I am not so thankful for it. The gift from my family brought me to tears, why doesn't God's even greater and less deserved gift bring me to tears each day I think of it?

  I do not suppose that until I reach heaven and see the difference, until I see what God saved me from and clearly see what He did for me, that I will be overwhelmed in praise and gratitude.
  I do suppose that when I fully see His love for me it will spur me on into an eternity of praise to Him.

 But for now, I must continually bring myself into that place of praise whether I feel like it or not, knowing that one day I, and we all will see what He has truly done for us. 

May you feel His love this Christmas and every day 
May you be reminded of His gift for us in so many ways.

"You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your
 thoughts toward us,
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told."
-Psalm 40:5


No comments:

Post a Comment