Friday 2 December 2011

A Mere Glimpse



                                           (Whale watching in Newfoundland -Summer 2011)

This afternoon I received a kind gift from the recruitment department at Vanguard College. A brand new memory foam beanbag chair.  I received the gift with a most gratified heart and promptly hurried home to set it up in my room. It was as comfy as anticipated and I made quick use of it with a two hour nap.

While I napped I had music playing on my computer and the song which was playing when awareness flooded back to me was "Psalm 84" By Justin Rizzo. These are the lyrics:



"My soul longs for
The courts of the Lord
My heart cries out
For the courts of the Lord
 Blessed is the man, blessed is the man
Who dwells in Your house Lord
Blessed is the man, blessed is the man
Whose strength is in You
Blessed is the man, blessed is the man
Who dwells in Your house Lord
Blessed is the man, blessed is the man
On this pilgrimage

One day is better
Than a thousand days elsewhere

Hear my prayer Lord
For I have desired
To be where You are
It’s the cry of my heart

This is but a picture, a mere glimpse
Of what I will be doing forever

I was made for communion
I was made, to dwelling the courts of the Lord
All the days of my life
Just like it was in the garden
So it will be again
And my soul, my soul longs for You"

I don't know about you, but the thoughts this song brings to mind excites me.
To imagine the joy, the love, the satisfaction,
the power of a moment of intimate worship with God,
to imagine that this is my eternal destiny.
To know that one day the nearness to God will be deeper than it ever is now
and to know that it will be everlasting.
What more, I am so thankful that God has given us glimpses
of what His presence is like even here on earth. I can worship today
and, though even if in small morsels, I taste and see that the Lord is good.

May I choose to spend more of my days in worship. 
May I take advantage of this gift God has given,
acknowledging what a privilege it is to draw near to Him
and that He draws near to me in return. 
May His praise be my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment