Thursday 21 June 2012

Sick Days

So yesterday I woke up with a funny feeling in my stomach,
but I began the day as normal with some toast a la peanut butter and jam. 
However by 10 oclock, half way through Swahili lessons, 
I was starting to feel nauseated, so the lessons were cut short and I began to rest. 
Later I saw my friend John briefly, but also had to cut that time short
due to nausea again. From the afternoon on I was in bed all day, 
with nausea, fever, body aches and fatigue.
So English lessons yesterday and this morning were cancelled.
Today I have been feeling better, with only mild fatigue and cramps.
However I went with my pastor to a hospital just for a check up and some tests
and the test came back positive for malaria.
So I have received my official welcome to Africa. 
Twelve pills a day for the next three days will be on my menu,
but hey, I was praying for a way to switch malaria medication anyway.
Oh life.

Please pray for a quick recovery so I can get back to teaching 
and what God has for me here in Congo.
 

All to God.

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Malaria is no fun at all. I did a bout of it my first year in high school and never want to again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cool thing is that it will be with you the rest of your life.. dormant in your system... That is cool.. right? ;)

    ReplyDelete